Welcome! I’m a PhD candidate in International Relations/Political Science at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva.
I currently research how international organizations (IOs) shape the provision of security, with a focus on the African Union. My focus lies on the resource mobilization relationships of IOs with member states and external partners. In my doctoral dissertation, I theorize the effects of diversified IO funding on the agency of IO secretariats. Different case studies explore the African Union’s resource mobilization in its programme budget, peace & security and infrastructure development.
- How member states and partners impede the African Union’s quest for financial autonomy
- “Should I do a PhD?” Questions for prospective doctoral students in IR/political science
- ISA International Organization Section – Lawrence S. Finkelstein Prize
- Launch of the African Continental Free Trade Area
- Journal article: Frame contestation and collective securitisation: the case of EU energy policy