Welcome! I’m a PhD candidate in International Relations/Political Science at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva.
I research how international organizations (IOs) shape the provision of security in Africa. My focus lies on the resource mobilization relationships of IOs with member states and external partners. In my doctoral dissertation, I theorize the effects of diversified IO funding on the agency of IO secretariats. Different case studies explore the African Union’s resource mobilization in its programme budget, peace & security and infrastructure development.
- How member states and partners impede the African Union’s quest for financial autonomy
- “Should I do a PhD?” Questions for prospective doctoral students in IR/political science
- ISA International Organization Section – Lawrence S. Finkelstein Prize
- Launch of the African Continental Free Trade Area
- Journal article: Frame contestation and collective securitisation: the case of EU energy policy